Bmw 730D 2013 F01 & Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb

Hi,

I'm a new member here.

I've recently purchased a new BMW 730d SE F01.

My Apple iPod Nano with a Lightning connector works perfectly with my new car. However, I'd like to connect the latest generation Apple iPod Classic 160GB which has the older style 30pin connector. This way I can store my entire Music collection on one device. The iPod classic does not have Bluetooth capability so I am unable to use this to connect to my car.

When I use my existing 30pin cable the iPod Classic does not connect - the media display in the car says 'Not Supported'. I've tried a variety of cables including official BMW types, which outside of being expensive, do not work. I also found a 30pin to Lightning converted on Amazon but this did not work either.

I wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of this themselves and managed to find a solution? I guess this problem may not just be relevant to 7-Series. Outside of BMW cables, there seems to be many cables promising support (from eBay/Amazon) but unfortunately they do not work.

It seems a shame not to take advantage of using the iPod Classic and its high storage capacity/functionality with the new car.

Thank you.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links