New 3 Series I Need Your Views - 330 D M Sport V 325 D Se

Good evening..my first post, please be gentle, as I need your help :rolleyes:.

I have driven BMW's for a decade now. I have owned 318 SE, 330SE and my current car is 330d M Sport on 2011 plate ( E90 )

Next week I am exchanging my E90 330D M Sport Auto 49K miles for a F30 325 SE Auto that is 1 year old and has less than 9K miles.

The kit on the 325 matches my 330 D M Sport ( with the exception of enhanced Bluetooth & Sports Auto Transmission - both nice features I will miss )

The 325 has better MPG by about 10 & tax is ( currently ) lower. However, it would appear the 325 SE is 0.5 seconds slower. It should be a softer ride ( more comfort ) I do not know about the Torque difference. Price is £21480 ( I have £15k back as my part exchange value ) the price seems good to me and the part exchange is above CAP expectation, but less then private Sale price by about 1K.

However, based on other owners experience am I making a huge mistake changing down to a 325 ? is the Step down "Massive" or is the newer F30 that much better that I gain by that alone against a E90 ? will that 0.5 second ruin my enjoyment, is the Torque much less....these things are hard to find out unless you draw on experience

Mostly the change I am making is driven by comfort. I struggle a bit with the 330 D M Sport set up and I often feel a little cramped. However, since I agreed to the change, every time I drive my 330 I realise how it grips, how exciting it is and how much I love the M Sport steering wheel ;)

So over to the experts here in the hope you can guide me - do I carry on or do I cancel.....

Thanks Lee

PS. I would have gone to a 330 SE or 335 SE but the price was that little bit more than I can afford. Sad but true and I don't think M Sport set up is right for me at the moment.

PPS. I think the 325 is a 320 with different engine management chips...is that correct..its 4 cyl and not 6 so could not be ramped up via a remap to 330 speed ?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links