The difference between the American and German assembly BMW

Morning Yegor

Welcome to the Forum

Normally bottom left of the Vin plate will say Country of Manufacture

The USA Manufacturing plant is in Spartanburgh South Carolina I believe it assembles X5 X4 X3 models

Dave

9 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Yegor

Welcome to the Forum

The USA Manufacturing plant is in Spartanburgh South Carolina I believe it assembles X5 X4 X3 models

Dave

but I'm wondering if there is a difference in the quality of the assembly of a bmw car assembled in the usa and in germany - if so, what is the difference and differences?

11 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Yegor

Welcome to the Forum

Dave

excuse me off-topic on Mercedes collects some models for the us in mexico - and the quality of the cars is probably terrible

Apart from the steering wheel being in the wrong place (but that may not worry you Yegor) all parts are BMW manufacture or OEM supply the plant is assembly only so very little difference.in quality.

My first 2 AMG Mercedes were assembled/manufactured in the AMG plant at Affalterbach, the last was assembled on the Mercedes production line and quality suffered

Remember it is only the X3 X4 X5 ranges built in the USA

Dave

15 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Apart from the steering wheel being in the wrong place (but that may not worry you Yegor) all parts are BMW manufacture or OEM supply the plant is assembly only so very little difference.in quality.

My first 2 AMG Mercedes were assembled/manufactured in the AMG plant at Affalterbach, the last was assembled on the Mercedes production line and quality suffered

Remember it is only the X3 X4 X5 ranges built in the USA

Dave

but I speak for new models of bmw, the build quality of the USA has improved in quality or is just as terrible?

Not sure what you are expecting here Yegor as cars built by BMW in the USA use the same robotic systems as they do in Germany with the same parts. Human intervention is reduced to a minimum in all car plants around the world. Positioning cameras and lasers on robots ensure parts are correct in position and all fixings tightened so assembly standards shouldn't vary. The quality of the OEM equipment and Parts are the weak point if suppliers are changed but this generally is seen across ranges no matter where they are assembled or by whom

Short answer the County of origin is in the bottom left of the Vin plate if it is a concern don't buy one that says USA

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links