Missing radio stations and or frequencies in my 2008 635d !!

Hi to you all out there - again.

I thought that I had got a grip of the basics with my 'New to me' 635d and the workings of the radio.I have managed to assign a couple of desired stations into the numbered buttons but I cannot find at least of all Classic Radio -Radio 3 - Radio 4 - Radio Lancashire  - Radio Manchester and a couple of others that are just not showing in the selection panel !

Whilst I am at it can some kind sole tell me how to turn on just the ignition so that adjustments can be made without running the engine.

A really really lovely car but why oh why are they so complex ?

To cap it all this morning whilst on-route to my tyre dealer at a steady 50mph there was a rather loud alarm sounded and an image of a tyre burst forward in the display - there was no deflation of loss of the smallest amount of air in one of the front 'Run-flats' !

I was slowing down for a traffic light controlled island on the M58 just outside of Pemberton,Wigan.

Morning John

Just your Beemer testing if your still awake (the Bong is a Wallet alert) 🤣 I guess you got your Tyre man to check pressures then reset the system, after the button pushing the car doesn't actually reset until 30km/ph is reached. If there had been a previous alert not reset something may have woken it up (and you)

For your Radio back to reading the book and perseverance, I have the essentials in mine R2, R4, R5 and the CD works. 

Dave 

3 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning John

Just your Beemer testing if your still awake (the Bong is a Wallet alert) 🤣 I guess you got your Tyre man to check pressures then reset the system, after the button pushing the car doesn't actually reset until 30km/ph is reached. If there had been a previous alert not reset something may have woken it up (and you)

For your Radio back to reading the book and perseverance, I have the essentials in mine R2, R4, R5 and the CD works. 

Dave 

Hi and good morning Dave.  Yes the system was rest by the son of the 'owner/boss' he has a much more agile brain than mine and deals with systems such as the BMW one several times in a day.

"Back to the book" - you say;practice and perseverance should eventually make perfect - or so they say !!

A run out early this afternoon and a short motorway run on the M53 motorway (Wirral Motorway) will be a further confidence booster in understanding further more of the complexities of the 635d.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links