Stop satnav using narrow lanes

Spen

2024 X1. How can I prevent the satnav sending me down narrow lanes with grass  up the middle when a perfectly good clear alternative is available?

Morning Spencer

Welcome to the Forum

Are you sure you are not a Truck Driver 🤣 I thought they were the ones stuck down lanes where they can't turn around

Check settings look for "Use Motorways" or similar it may be set on shortest route or something similar

Enjoy your exploring in your X1

Dave

4 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Spencer

Welcome to the Forum

Are you sure you are not a Truck Driver 🤣 I thought they were the ones stuck down lanes where they can't turn around

Check settings look for "Use Motorways" or similar it may be set on shortest route or something similar

Enjoy your exploring in your X1

Dave

Hi Greydog

Thanks for your comments. The lanes the satnav took me down would challenge a Transit van let alone a truck! A one week old car with vegetation brushing each side of the car and no way out except forward not happy! Started off ok. Problem is without looking at a map there is no way of gauging the type of road

I have checked the nav settings and there is no Fastest, Shortest or Eco. Only avoid motorways, ferries and tolls

Any ideas?

Spen 

On 6/20/2024 at 4:48 PM, Greydog said:

Select accept Motorways Ferries and Tolls then it should keep you out of the undergrowth 🤣

Dave

They are selected!

I must have done something to upset it!!

I am concerned that the other options are not shown. Dealer has ordered me the satnav manual and I shall check if they are meant to be there

Cheers

Spen

I am away on holiday at the moment in sunny Devon the county with narrow lanes which my sat nav has taken a liking to!

I never had this problem with my previous 2015 X1  and initially thought it must be me  and the answer would be simple hence turning to the brains of the forum.

My intention is to contact the dealer on return

Thanks for your comments

Spen

Ahhhh Good old Devon and Cornwall your Sat Nav will have real problems finding any Main roads let alone Motorways or Toll roads 😅

Enjoy your Holiday

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links