Car broke!

Another eventful night out…

went to a marriage retreat for the weekend and Thursday night , we checked in, had a quick meet and greet and then me and the wife went off for a takeaway. …. First time child free for 5 years! Absolutely needed…. 
sat in the car, watching aeroplanes coming into land over our heads, just relaxing in silence and then….. pop! 

steam all over and water running down the road. 
opened the bonnet to see what had happened, but it was too dark, so put the bonnet down and drove it 100 yards to the petrol station so I could see what was going on. …. Then the bonnet stuck shut! 😂. Only solution was to risk driving it back to the hotel at the next motorway junction… car went about 300 yards before the temp gauge went up to top. Stopped on the hard shoulder and rang the rac. 
quoted me 7 hours wait until someone could come and look at it 🙄 the police soon arrived and got highways to move me as the battery died so I had no lights and I couldn’t get the triangle out of the boot as I couldn’t open it. 
anyway….  Got back to the hotel at 5am and the rac arrived at 9am to take me home (100miles away) … left the wife at the hotel so she could at least have a spa and go to some seminars and stuff only to then jump into my people carrier and go back  to the hotel to carry on with my break…. Anyway, got home last night, managed to open the bonnet and take a look and it’s the expansion tank with a big split on the side… new one ordered and I’ll have another job to to this week! … as well as work out why the  bonnet stuck and recharge the battery. 
great break from the kids… a much deserved rest! 😂😂😂

Wow what a saga still could have been worse I suppose you could have been waiting for the AA 🤣🤣

Might have been quicker to appeal to one of us 🤣🤣 and quite a few of us know more than the RAC or AA

Glad your back safe

Dave

The new part is back in and ready to go. What’s the correct refilling procedure for the coolant system? 
I have seen many conflicting ones online. I’m sure with the e36 and 46 I had to turn the fans on full and the heat on high without stating the engine. 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links