BMW 530d Rear Diff replacement issues!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this, but I'm facing a bit of a problem with my BMW f10 530d. The rear differential is making a whining noise, and I initially thought it was due to my wife and kids.

The current differential on the car is labelled as 7573821, and I'm having trouble finding a replacement for it. I found a 7574457 differential, assuming it would fit my car since it's the same year, but I'm unsure about it. On the website, it mentioned having either a 7578512 or 7573821 differential, and I'm confused about the two different part numbers as none match the one mentioned on the official BMW website.

I would appreciate any help or advice from someone who has experienced similar issues or knows if the purchased differential will be compatible with my car.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nadeem

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=FW52-EUR-06-2010-F10-BMW-530d&diagId=33_1592

Hi Nadeem

Welcome to the Forum

The F19 and F11 models share the same ratio Diff 2.47-1 check www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model. Then look at the Rear Axel section you should be able to get the correct Part Number once you have the part number you can use it to search for a replacement 

If you double click the part number in realoem you will get a list of any alternatives and models it was used in

Hope this helps

Dave

Dave,  thanks for getting back to me. 

This is where the confusion comes in, the actual diff came off the car was: 7573821.

The ones that are specified on the website are 7578152 and 7584457. 

So which  one was was it? 😭

Morning Nadeem

If you used your Vin number and www.realoem to find the part numbers that will be how a BMW Dealer would use it to find correct parts for your chassis. So it raises a question is the diff you have taken off original or is an incorrect replacement ? Is it the correct ratio. Jack up the car make a chalk mark on a tyre get under and do the same on the prop UJ get a helper to turn the wheel 2 1/2 times you should see 1 rotation on the prop UJ (as you have the Diff is off the car rotate either the input or a drive shaft flange and count the revolutions)

I have just checked realoem and the part numbers I get for a BMW 3.0d F10 Diff are 33107630816 (new Diff) and 33107630817 (Refurbished)  I searched realoem again for BMW 3.0d LCI F10 Diff and the part numbers I get are 33107630821  (2.56-1 ratio) or 33107630816 and 33107630817 (2.47-1 ratio) 

So I am at a loss where you have looked for part numbers as realoem doesn't recognise any of the part numbers you posted

I hope this helps 

Dave

I've been having quite the ongoing saga with my car. I called up 3 BMW garages to get the part number for the differential in my car, but they all refused to give it to me. The differential number listed on realoem is 7584457, so I went ahead and purchased it. I bought the car when it had 60,000 miles on it, and now it's at 150,000 miles. Based on my knowledge, it seems like the differential has not been changed. 

Out of curiosity, I checked on eBay for part number 7578152, along with the supplied VIN number. I was interested to see that this different part number was on a 640d, 2014, 2010 BMW 530D GT. and a couple of estate cars. 

Car is scheduled for maintenance on July 22nd. Let's await the outcome.

Also, do you have any recommended oil brands?

Morning Nadeem

The part you purchased is listed as an Exchange Diff normally only supplied through Dealers?

However as it is listed for your car it should be the correct ratio and work fine. No more strange noises I hope?

Diff oil I normally buy from a Dealer as I haven't found prices else where that different

Here's to the next 150k 😆

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links