Fuel filter

Morning All.

i have a brief question... my car is a 2017 M140. I can't seem to ascertain from anywhere for sure as to whether my car has a fuel filter or not and its location. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

can anyone help please.

many thanks 

Morning George

Well if memory serves you have two one is tank mounted with the pump and one is under the floor hidden behind the under shielding. The one under the floor is the one normally changed at service time.

Take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model, then look at the fuel system section. The small drawings will help with location You tube or similar may help with a video, or try www.pelicanparts.com their articles section has some great how too's with pictures. While they may not have an M140i a lot of models the filter will be in the same position

I have never worked on a 140i but like many other models  the fuel filter will be hidden behind the under body plastic shields. It is a job that is often missed even by some garages due to it being hidden. Not difficult just one of those time consuming fiddly jobs due to having to remove the under body shields. Make sure you have a catch tray under the filter to catch fuel that drains out when you disconnect it

Good Luck hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links