Bmw 1 series 2016 116i thermostat replacement

asiml

My bmw 2016 116 auto has come up with a thermostat stuck open problem and I just can't find anything on how to change it. Help

Morning Asim

Welcome to the Forum

Good fun BMW's I have seen two types on 1 series engines 

1. A sealed unit BMW called it a "Heat Management Module" mounts above the water pump front of the engine. Just make sure you use the correct coolant when swapping them.

2. Similar unit same location but the Thermostat could be changed again correct coolant is important 

Your engine should be B38 to check the Thermostat location take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model then search the Engine section. The small exploded drawings will help with location and correct Part Numbers 

Good Luck

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi changed the water pump and thermostat and then it threw up camshaft sensor so changed both of then then it come up with vanos so took them out cleaned them up and now it's saying p0171 which is saying running lean bank 1? Any help or is it a bad maf sensor? Please any help would be appreciated 

Morning Asim

Before chucking more hard earned at it check carefully for any Inlet leaks all hoses and gaskets also Test the O2 sensors you can get Maf cleaners but be careful.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all any one knowing of a good bmw macanic as my 1 series has a oil leak from the turbo return pipe plus it's coming up with code 130004 and 120408. If any one can help in the IG4 area I don't mind taking it to someone that knows there stuff as spent alot already on this. 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links