Induction noise

Should there be a slight induction sound when slight rev the car.

If I have the bonnet open and slightly tap the accelerator should you her a slight sooking sound,

I've just replaced all my hoses etc took it out for a drive and the engine management light came on,saying mass or low air something,I noticed one of my jubilee clips was lose on the elbow and there was a slight gap,hopefully this was the reason for the light to ping on,I have cleared codes and will see if come backs on.

Any ways as I was saying should there be a slight sooking noise when slightly rev the engine ? 

Can any one go check there or know the answer,my subaru use to sook pretty loud but that has more vacuums hoses 

Morning Steven

My wife's car is a Subaru Outback 3.0 with a full Perrin engine upgrade (400+ Hp at the wheels) it's as quiet as a mouse, no induction noise. Induction set up is standard with just high flow filters. So I would ask if your cars induction has been modified in anyway ? If it is standard then I think you have a leak, quite a big one if you can hear it sucking. 

Dave 

It's on my z3 it's just the tiniest bit of sucking when u first Jab the pedal,I can't find any leaks at all,it's annoying me lol but I thought maybe there would be a slight sooking noise,must of had leaks in my subaru though 

As an ex Subaru boy (Impreza) you probably liked the Intake and exhaust noise 🤣

You must be getting old 😅 noticing how noisy things are 🤣

Dave

My 2.0 litre Z3 doesn't give any induction sounds on slight throttle

Just wondering if the Jubillee Clips may be tightened too much as when they clamp the can actually go out of (round) shape.
If they are new hoses then they should fit snug and the clips just lend some clamping effect to the assembly.

Worth slackening them off slightly to see if this gets rid of the noise

Will do but there new clips and new hose,sound like it's more sooking noise from the,eh can't remember the part name,bit that goes in above the throttle body,plastic part that has the butterfly type bit 

The 2 torques holding it in are not tonight tight but I can here it sooki g from there,will have to pull everything back off again,the car goes fine the engine management light came on so checked hoses and one of the jubilee clips were loose and there was a gap,have sorted that hopefully light will stay off now 

• Like 1

No haven't found it lol just saying the 2 torques aren't tight tight,so don't think it's that but that's where it sounds like it's coming from 

It's annoying 

• Confused 1

Morning try wrapping a little PTFE tape around the joint to see if that stops the sucking noise

I take it the two torque screws are the ones at the Plug connector 

Dave

Is there a way that a garage can test for air leeks had the car out again but lights came back on,but can find any leaks,I have bought a new maf sensor will see if that does anything,the maf was sitting in my boot for a while while doing the position sensor so it might of got a bit dirty

Morning Steven

Have you checked all the Vacuum hoses ? Often over looked they can become cracked and brittle over time. See below it looks as though they fit onto the part you have just changed ?

Yes a Garage can test for leaks but at a cost which can escalate depending how much probing stripping and digging has to be done. 

Dave

diag_31g4.jpg

Yea will need to check the smaller ones,noticed there's a bit cracked inside the maf like the plastics insert would that make a difference? 

Pic attached 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links