Digital Key Activation, only one FOB

I bought a 2022 X5 iDrive 40i that was a lease return.  It came with only one key fob.

The my BMW app is inviting me to activate the Digital Key on my iPhone.  However, it won't let me do it, as 2 fobs must be in the car for this activation to work.

I would really like to do this, but I have hit a brick wall.  The word from the dealer, and ChatGPT 4.0, is that there is no workaround.  BMW does not have any type of Support interface.  In some online literature I did read that 2 fobs are required to "prove" that I own the car.  I dropped a hint to the salesman that maybe they could loan me a key fob for a day; the hint was ignored.  They did give me a credit card sized "Key Card", which works, but that is actually as much trouble to carry as the fob.

Does anyone know of a workaround, so that I can use my iPhone as a Digital Key, even though I received only 1 key fob?

Edited by Robert McGee
Added "suggestion" to dealer

Morning Robert

Welcome to the Forum

Not come across this before, if they could set up a Key Card I would have thought that with the Fob would allow your App to connect obviously not !! 

With actual Key Fobs I know BMW can order new from the factory and it then needs syncing with the car, not a cheap or quick solution.

I am sure it won't take long before someone has a hack that will work ? The down side to that means your car will be hackable to the Car Thieves. A friend of ours had a 4.0i X3 "note" HAD it was stolen from their driveway 

ENJOY your Beemer 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links