Diesel V Petrol

There has been a lot of debate recently of which fuel is better.

So I thought it would be a good idea to have everyones views in one place.

We all have different views, so no hating or slating anyone personal, lets just have a friendly debate.

Please back up your choice with a good explanation why you think your chosen type of fuel is better.

mate if money wasnt a factor,petrol kills it every time.diesel is dirty and doesnt sound half as good as a petrol engine,but in the current climate diesel makes sense for value for money....................i still say petrol though for some reason

Guest Mister Dabsy

Petrol FTW ...

Higher rev range which means more to tweak and play with.

Diesels have benefits over petrol as they are just simply pulling machines with their bottom-end torque, but need that bit extra TLC

Having said this, the new generation diesels can match a petrol motors for speed/acceleration these days !!

i have a diesel. (320D) I had a 2.0 ST 170 before Fuel economy? Well I got around 270-300 miles in the focus on a 55 litre tank (£65). I now get 550 miles on a 63 (£85) litre tank. i get around the same HP the focus being 163 (not the 170 you would think) the BM i believe is 160 or thereabouts. It has a turbo and can be tuned to 190 odd BHP with similar gains in torque (this in for is taken for a tuning website) The BM is £155 for a years tax VS £260 for the ST So i would say HP for HP the 2.0 TD wins it big time. I actually wonder if how i would have went with the 330D

Guest Mister Dabsy

It appears that the "smaller" diesels are much more efficient BUT lack that little bit in what they where invented for - Pulling poo ! Caravans etc :P

I know I always slate diesel cars but truth is I never driven a modern diesel car only my 56 plate van which is noisey and chucks out smoke when you put your foot down . And have always had big cars when it comes to selling them I always say the same thing when you get an enquiry and they say what sort of miles does it get to the gallon I reply if you have to ask you can't afford it :-)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links